Hey there Bookies,
Thanks to revisiting series that I never finished, I was able to finally finish Electric Idol. The first time I tried to read this book i had only made it halfway. I can't remember why. It could have been a personal reason or my mood shifted since I am a mood reader. But I finished and I can say it is still like a 180 from the first book in the series. The trope is a marriage of convenience that still doesn't go as planned. Our female character is Prosephone's sister Psyche. She ends up in a situation where Aphrodite wants her literal heart, but Aphrodite's son Eros can't go through with killing Psyche. So he comes up with an idea to marry Psyche in order to prevent his mother from killing her. Sadly Aphrodite doesn't care and still wants Psyche dead. Why? I can't remember why. To get back at her mother Demeter? Probably. Aphrodite and Demeter have a bit of a fued going on that their children suffer for it. Also what seems to be popular with these books is that the female character always leaves to sacrifice herself for the man she loves and then the man gets tangled up in someone dying. Now I have to be honest, I haven't exactly finished this book. I have about 30 minutes left but I am starting to see a pattern. Especially when all the intense stuff happens right when the book is about to end. It kind of makes it a little predictable. I even bet the next book is going to have the main male character as Zeus. Guess I will just have to find out.
So until next time...
-Lys

No comments:
Post a Comment