Friday, October 11, 2024

Started reading Too Late by Colleen Hoover

 

Hello Bookies,

The only reason I started reading this book is because I forgot my book at home and I needed something to read. Since I have the goal to read every Colleen Hoover book I can get my hands on, I picked up this book. The book takes place in a college and our main character Sloane is in a situation. She has no where to go and she is trying to save her money to get her own place so she can bring her brother a stable home. Only problem is that since she is trying to save money, she has to live with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend is known to be a party guy and always has people going in and out of his house. The reason for this is that her boyfriend is doing some extra curricular activities that doesn't involve school. Which introduces us to another character, Carter. Carter is an undercover cop trying to bust Sloane's boyfriend, Asa but they need proof or some more information before doing so. I can already see the underlining story. The deeper meaning already. We have Sloane who feels like she has no other choice than live with her drug dealing boyfriend because she has nothing to her name. I must also add that her boyfriend isn't afraid to constantly remind her that if it wasn't for him she would be living with her drug addict of a mother. If Sloane even thinks about betraying him, he won't hesitate to kick her out and send her back to the one place she doesn't want to be. The story is basically Sloane no longer being a doormat for Asa and his dealings. She needs to decide that she deserves better and not have his threats affect her life. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment