Thursday, May 12, 2022

Started listening Hereafter by Tara Hudson

 

Hello Bookies,

I started a new audio book. It is still weird for me to fully grasp a book without actually reading it. I probably missed a whole lot trying to listen to this one at work. I'm about a quarter of the way through the book and I feel like I haven't learned anything. All I can remember is that our main character is a young female ghost. She has no memory of why she died but she knows how she died. Also she doesn't remember much about her life before she died. But the story starts of with her trying to save someone who was drowning in the river that she had died in. Eventually she saved him in a way or encouraged him to save himself. The benefit of this is that they boy she saved, who appears to be around her age, can now see her. They can also touch each other even though our ghost girl is dead. But I ended the audio book right when our ghost girl went to school with the boy I think she saved. Also is it bad that I can kind of see where this book is headed? Where we have a ghost fall in love with a mortal and vice versa. Its a predictable storyline but not one that I haven't read much about. I wonder how the author has this one play out that is different than the similar story I read in the past. Got some big shoes to fill.

So until next time...

-Lys Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment