Hey there Bookies,
I am on my long road of recovery after destroying my wrist. Audiobooks are still my best friend but downside is that no one leaves me alone to actually listen to the book. Anyway I have been listening to Filthy Rich Fae and all I can describe the two thirds of the book I have gone through as just a load of sexual tension. Our main female character, Kate, is a nurse that pretty much sold her soul to save her foster brother. And the person she supposedly sold her soul was a very powerful man who owned half the city named Lockland Gage. And it turns out she literally sold her soul and was stuck in a bargain with Lock until she figured what he could get out of it. Time limit being a month. But a lot can happen in a month. Especially in an enemies to lovers trope. Of course it doesn't help when Kate thinks that Lock was using some kind of magic to make her attracted to him. The whole time I am listening I am sitting there thinking 'You find him attractive because you are attracted to him' and continue to listen about the never ending sexual tension. At this rate, the book will be almost over by the time they finally give in. Well at least I can say that it keeps you reading/listening to the book. I personally hate slow burns and I find them boring as hell. But at least the fantasy part of this book keeps me entertained. The romance? Not so much. I am starting to think this book is just an urban fantasy novel with a hint of romance. Maybe I will update again when I finish the book. Unless nothing continues to happen. I would really like to find a book that is more than three stars at this point. I feel like all the romantasy books have just been the same. Some dark prince getting into some agreement with a strong willed woman and they pretend to hate each other because the woman is attracted to him but she doesn't want to admit it because it goes against what she believes. We can have strong willed female characters that don't come off contradicting and kind of a spoiled brat. I am starting to think the writers are getting this whole strong female thing wrong.
So until next time...
-Lys

No comments:
Post a Comment