Tuesday, April 9, 2024

I read Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston


 Hello Bookies,

It has been a while, but I've been busy with work. Having an audiobook is a good thing to have when I'm just staring at a computer all day. I'm on the fence with this book. Some of it is pretty boring, but the conversations between the two main characters is cute. For some reason, it feels like two different people wrote the book. I think it has to do with the conversations and banter is the thing I enjoyed the most in the book while everything else was boring and felt a little forced. This book is probably going to get three out of five stars from me. I am rounding up. If I could, the book would get two and a half stars. But the rounding up is due that I love LGBTQIA+ books. The only thing I have against this enemy to lovers trope is that it is the typical one that everyone goes for when writing a story about a male relationship. The trope where the two main characters think that their feelings is mutual hate for each other but then it turns out that it is just sexual tension. I feel like this is over used a little bit. I need something a little different when it comes to the male in love with male enemies to lover trope. I don't know how it could be done, but I am willing to read it. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment