Saturday, January 27, 2018

Manga Post #13

First off I have to say that I finally watched the live action film of Tokyo Ghoul and I was not disappointed. It felt like they really kept as close to the manga as they possibly could. Also, they may have only covered two or three of the volumes in the movie, but if another one comes out like that, sign me up to go see it. I know that there is going to be more because there is more to the series. We haven't even scratched the surface of the main character's transformation. But like I said before the movie only covers three volumes at most. Either way, go see it if you want to. Just be prepared to spend hours just to find it. They really need it to come out on DVD so I can order it. But sadly the DVDs usually run like $70 plus shipping. Or, is that just for Deathnote? Either way, I would by the DVD if they had it. But enough talking about the live action films I saw and on to the mangas I am reading.

I can't help but feel like this series is dragging. A lot of this stuff I watched in the anime and it's kind of all been a refresher for me. It just makes me realize how a lot farther I was in watching the show than I had originally thought. Anyways, I do remember the search for the fifth Hokage. I do remember the deal that was offered, but I can't remember how it turned out. Obviously, she didn't go through with it. Or, the series would be completely different. Right? Anyways, not a whole lot happens in this volume of the series. Naruto is just trying to learn his new move while helping out his mentor. That is pretty much it. Sure there is a deal or two. Maybe a flashback to explain somethings, but that is about it. I'm sure the next volume will be better. I think that is when Naruto goes against Lady Tsunade. Which should add a little bit of excitement. But so far, I'm not liking the constant dragging on. It's just not my style. Either way, I still like the series, and I will put up with the boringness. I love the characters too much to abandon the series.

First off, I need to say how much I loved One Piece when I watched it as an anime. I know it's still going and I think the 300th volume was just released. But it feels like it is so hard to watch in this country that I find it a little unfair. So I thought it would only make sense to read the mangas and enjoy all that this wonderful series has to offer. Already I'm seeing a difference from the anime, but it's to be expected. It still wants me to watch the anime again just to see how different it is. I have a feeling that the anime is really different from the anime. Either way, I'm highly enjoying it. Zoro is also probably my most favorite character in the series. But I love reading about how Luffy got his crew together. I remember most all of the members of the crew but there are some whose names I don't remember or how they ended up joining. Good thing that I picked up the mangas to remind myself of everything. On to the second volume.


We know how much I'm falling in love with Tokyo Ghoul. I didn't think I actually had a favorite character but I think it was just because I was blind to the fact that I loved Uta the moment I first saw him. So my favorite character is Uta because he is awesome and looks cool. But sadly, I don't think he is even in this volume. Instead, the beginning of the volume has us following around the investigators that are recovering from the attack against the bad ghouls in the last volume. Also, they have to repair one of their detention centers because the bad ghouls broke into that, releasing some extra bad ghouls. Anyways, a new character gets introduced and she is on the cover of the book. Nothing like having the crazy investigator that was in the first two volumes have his daughter show up. She isn't as crazy as her dad...so far. Still learning here. But she is super smart. So we learn a few things there before we go back to following our main character in the series. Sadly, this is where I left off due to the fact that I'm an idiot and misplaced the book. Shame on me. But either way, go check out the series. It's really interesting and the live-action film is really good as well.

So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment