Friday, July 13, 2018

Manga post #15

Hello Bookies,

After a long wait and me taking forever to read Asa - Also a family vacation taking most of my valuable reading time - I finally have my hands on my library books that made end up in an endless cycle of requesting and having the holds expire and then requesting the books once again. How I missed my mangas and writing about them. So, why don't we just dive into the reading them? That is if I can remember what is going on.

I could have sworn that I was a lot farther than volume three in this series. Maybe it's because I am so far in the anime series. Anyways, I'm at the first big battle between Luffy and Captian Buggy. I can't remember if they battle later on, or Captian Buggy tries to battle Luffy but fails miserably. Anyways, the better concludes and Buggy was sent flying on his way. Allowing our small crew of three to head off to the seas to continue on their journey. I'm pretty the anime got a little out of order at this point once again because I'm sure they had Usopp before they went to the island with the weird animals in the anime. But the manga has them go to the island before meeting Usopp. It just makes me feel that someone didn't do their homework before making the anime. But at least I get to relive the whole fight against the pirate that pretended to be a butler for three years. I can't remember his name or what the crew was called. I think they were like the cat pirates or something like that. Shows how much I pay attention to details. But it's still a pretty good story on how Luffy gets the next crewmate. I just love their backstories and how they came to be. But I know I have a long ways to go in order to catch up with everyone else that has been following the series since the beginning.

I really need to figure out how far I am in the anime series for this manga. So far it is all still review. Of course, I spent most of the time reading to remind myself of what happened in the last volume. Didn't take that long though. Naruto was able to get the fifth Hokage. Sasuke has been healed but he feels worthless and is taking it out on pretty much everyone. Lee gets some bad news and he has to decide what he is going to do. Can't help but feel bad for him. Anyways, after getting a lecture, Sasuke gets attacked by some of Orochimaru's pawns. All in the plan to make him feel even weaker and have him go running for more power. Poor guy. But it's a pretty slow volume for the meantime. The only action you get is Naruto and Sasuke get into a fight because Sasuke needs to know that he is still better than Naruto. So far there has only been catching up for me, so everything is just boring because I've seen it in the anime and read the manga to a point. I just have to figure out where that point was. But for those who haven't seen the anime or read the manga, feel free to give the series the love it deserves. I know I'm considered to be pretty far, but I know I'm not even close to the end. This is a journey I'm willing to take.


Another manga that I really need to remember what happened in the last volume. It's been so long since I read it and I can't let that happen again. But I have my hands on volume 11 for Tokyo Ghoul and I have a feeling I'll be reading it, trying to remember all that happened. I think they found where the doctor was hiding in the last volume and now it's one big epic battle of them fighting all of his creations. Or, something like that. Also during this battle I don't even know where our main character is in all of the mess. But eventually the mess ends and Kaneki is found. Everyone flees the scene, leaving more questions than answers. The doctor goes back to hiding while his property get investigated. And, our leading character goes back to live a somewhat normal life. But even though things are quiet now, it appears that it won't be boring. Of course, that is where the volume cuts off. Saying,  "to be continued in Vol. 12". You can just imagine my reaction when I saw that because of how this volume ended.

I guess it's time for me to make a request to get the next volume of all of these mangas.

So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment