Monday, December 2, 2019

Manga post #21

Hello Bookies,

I just got my next batch of mangas and I'm ready for the adventures to begin. I'm pretty sure I will be working on the series I have for a while. I know one is still on going and one is really long. I'm not sure about the third one though. I guess I will just have to find out.

How this manga start is kind of like a recap on how the first volume ended. Which is nice because that way you aren't completely lost on all that is going on if you take a long break. The only downside to this is it feels like you are repeating yourself. Like you want to skip over it because you read all of it before. Anyways, the battle with Titans continue and everyone has to figure out a way to get more gas before they all die. They eventually figure it all out, discover a new Titan, and everyone gets a shock of their life. That is all I can say because the whole volume is just about the Titan invasion in the wall. Hopefully I can say more in the next volume. But so far I'm enjoying the series. I enjoyed the anime for what I was able to watch. I can't even remember where I watched it to begin with, maybe Netflix. I don't know, but it is still nice to be able to read all that is going on in the series. I'm just wondering what will happen in the next volume.


The battle between Luffy and big bad fishman is still underway. Luffy does a few things that make you question but he eventually pulls through and wins the battle. Everyone is happy in the village that Nami is from because they are free from the fishmen. Anyways, Nami now becomes part of the crew and they are on their way to their next adventure. But before they go to the Grand Line, they make a small stop. They relax a bit and walk around town. There is a few differences to how they played out the town in the anime then they did in the manga. They obviously have to stretch it out in the anime so they can fit a certain time frame. So the manga doesn't have this big cooking competition with Sanji that pretty much filled a whole episode of the anime. There are others but the anime pretty much follows the manga pretty well. Captain smoker is starting to show up and that is pretty interesting. I look forward to more adventures that this series holds. I got pretty far in the anime so it is nice to see how different it is from the manga.

This is the point where I see a big difference in the anime versus the manga. Another example of them stretching out the timeline to fit a certain time frame. In the anime they try different things to find Sasuke but they all fail. In the manga, they don't do any of that. Naruto feels bad that he couldn't keep his promise and then heads out to train for three years. The story pretty much ends there. But what I like the most about this volume is that they bring in a little back story with Kakashi. He is one of my favorite characters, so seeing how he was able to get his eye was pretty interesting. I know the next volume will take place after the five years of training. I really wish that the author gave us some more episodes with the training that Naruto did during these three years. But beggars can't be choosers. I look forward to the next volume and reading more of the adventures. I know I missed a whole lot at this point when I was watching the anime. So it is really nice to be able to read all that I missed and I can get the story that everyone keeps talking about. Now I'm not so lost.

So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment