Monday, December 18, 2023

Almost done reading Neon Gods

 

Hello Bookies,

It is still impossible to read anything in my house. No one will leave me alone enough to read a book. Anyway I am finally almost finished with this book. I do have some things that I liked about the book and some things that I didn't. One think I liked is that the setting is like a modern day of Olympus. The characters aren't really gods but powerful people in a city called Olympus. I find it interesting in how things are ran in this city with these powerful people. Also it is pretty easy to follow the storyline since it doesn't progress as much as I would like. Now we will fall into some things that I didn't like the book. The book doesn't really focus on the plot as much as I would like it to. Hades' character grew throughout the book but Persephone's didn't seem to change all that much. Well, maybe except close to the end. I have read a book that this author wrote before and I had the same complaint. The female lead character has no growth throughout the book and when she finally grows, it is pretty much too late. The story is over. If I had to be honest, I find these books okay but not as great as everyone thinks they are. I don't see the hype for the book. I just hope that the second book is a little bit better.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment