Friday, May 3, 2024

Finished reading The Fine Print

 

Hello Bookies,

I'm not quite healed yet, but I had a two days of an hour drive to a conference. So I took advantage of the opportunity. Nothing much really happens in the book other then the typical romance stuff. The two main characters try to be casual, but fall in love with each other. Even though they don't want to admit it. Then the guy gets scared and breaks it off with the girl with harsh words. The only thing I appreciate is that even though he said the right words, the girl didn't jump right back into his arms right away. She made him work for it. But eventually they get back together and get married. Then live a happily ever after. The typical romance trope. Again, I really wish I would find a book that would really mix it up a bit instead of following the usual storyline. It is getting really old. And, since this book follows every romance book I've read, it get two stars. I'm not saying that it isn't good, I'm just bored with how romance books follow the same formula. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment