Saturday, May 18, 2024

The Locked Door by Freida McFadden

 

Hello there Bookies,

I took a break from Twisted Love. It is taking a lot out of me to even get into it. So I thought a mystery thriller will do me good. I'm listening to another Freida McFadden book and it has been pretty good. Took me almost two whole days to finish the book. I have about an hour left in my audiobook. The book is about a young woman who is the daughter of a serial killer. She tries to live a normal life under a different name and forget the past. But something happens that makes her have to face it. Two of her patients, because she is a surgeon, ends up murdered. They were killed the same way as her father's victims before he was caught. Now police are pointing their fingers at her, thinking she has something to do with it. Even though she has expressed that she had nothing to do with it. But strange things are happening to her now that police are looking her way. She finds blood in her basement and a rotting hand in the trunk of her car. But instead of telling the officer about it like a normal person, she tries to cover it up. She gets rid of evidence because in her mind, no one is going to believe she is innocent with this stuff in her possession. The blood I can understand, but the hand is something she could have reported because she wasn't even in the state when it was planted. The whole book is trying to figure out who is trying to frame our main character while they copy her father's killings. I can't wait to find out but it is like one in the morning and I have to work in the morning. I guess the mystery won't be solved until after work tomorrow. Also this will probably be the only post I do about this book because I don't want to give away the ending. But I do recommend this book and it will probably either get four out of five stars or five out of five stars. I haven't quite decided yet.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment