Thursday, September 8, 2022

Stared reading Glass by Ellen Hopkins

 

Hey there Bookies,

I'm still reading two books at once. I'm not really enjoying Allegiant but it's the last book of a series and I have to finish it. Anyways, when I take breaks from that book, I'm reading Glass by Ellen Hopkins. I had no idea that Crank was part of a series. So being the completionist that I am, I got the second book. This is probably going to be a quick read for me. The format is much like that of a poem book, so it's pretty easy. But it is a heavy subject, aka substance abuse, so I will need breaks from this book as well. It's a good educational book. You get to read about someone's struggles trying to overcome the monster they fell victim to. I know most school districts have banned these kinds of book because it "promotes" drugs. But I see it as a learning experience. Read about someone's struggle and how they overcame it and make your own ideas about what you want to do with your life. Do you want to suffer as much as the person in the book, or do you want to live a straight and narrow path? Who are we to tell people what they should and shouldn't do? I'm all about making your own choices and if you want to read this series, then go right ahead. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment