Thursday, October 12, 2023

Attempted to read Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 

Hey there Bookies,

I have to be honest here. I've been trying so hard to read this book for so long, it is to the point that I should just stop trying. I've checked this book out so many times and kept it as long as I could every single time. The only problem is, I can't get past the first chapter. Yes, this book starts off with the mystery of the main character not remembering anything. We don't know who she is or where she came from. We just know that she was found walking bare food along the road covered in blood and wounds like she was in an accident or was kidnapped or something. But I still can't get past the first chapter. I feel like it just drags on and on about the situation. Being too descriptive on the situation. Maybe I'm being too critical about it but either way, I don't feel right fully reviewing this book if I can't even get past the first few pages. Jennifer L. Armentrout is even one of my favorite recent authors. Maybe the writing style of this book is just not for me. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment