Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Manga Post #14

Hello Bookies,

I don't know why it takes me so long to read an Ebook. I just got done with the first chapter yesterday. Maybe its because I'm on an electronic and I get distracted by all of the nice apps that call for my attention. So I'm putting the Ebook down because I made a nice trip to the library to pick up a new set of books. It is so nice to be back to reading my favorite mangas again. Especially now that I'm almost done with the first book of my Japanese lessons. It just makes me feel that much closer to one of my favorite countries out there. Anyways, let's get talking about the mangas I'm reading.

I'm actually farther in the catch-up game for the anime than I'm in the manga. I blame the fact that it takes me so long to read a normal book. But anyways I get to relieve the first battle with Captain Buggy. Also, read how Nami ended up joining the crew. Yes, the manga is a little different than the anime, but it is still good in my opinion. Mangas explain things so much more than what you see in the show. But I also know that this is still an ongoing series. Looks like I am going to have a lot of reading if I want to catch up with everyone else. Anyways, the volume starts off with Nami asking Luffy to join her. Also, she explains why the town is all empty, then tricks Luffy into capture so she can join Buggy's crew. Just like in the anime, things take a bad turn and Luffy almost gets killed. Zoro/Zolo saves the day right at the last second, almost dies himself. They escape for a bit. Luffy beats up someone because they destroyed a pet store. Must read the manga or watch the anime to find out why he did that. Then the real battle begins. It's actually kind of nice to relieve the tension all over again. I think that is why I like One Piece so much. No matter how many times I watch it or read it, I still get pretty entertained by it. Yes, the first few episodes are a little slow, but it's all necessary when you want to learn how the crew all got together. It also leaves out all of the confusion later on.


I'm a lot farther in this series than I thought. I'm only on volume 19 with many more still to come. I think there is like seventy-two volumes altogether. Anyways, it's been a while since I read the last volume. So just bare with me here. From what I remember and have seen in the anime, which I'm still trying to catch up on, is that lady Tsunade was given a choice. Help Orochimaru and get her loved ones back, or I can't remember what the other option was. Also, I do remember that she challenged Naruto to learn his new technique in a week. Something that should be impossible, but this is Naruto we are talking about. Anyways, that is all I can really remember.  But I do remember almost falling for Tsunade going for the deal, again. You would think that I would remember that after watching it like three or four times and reading it just as many times. Anyways, a battle breaks out and it is pretty intense. But Orochimaru admits defeat for now and runs off. That is basically the whole volume. It's just the battle against Orochimaru and Lady Tsunade finally accepting to become Hokage. But I still enjoyed it. Now I'm ready for the next volume.

Another manga that I haven't read in a while and can't remember what happened. I really need to stop doing that. Anyways, I'm slowly falling in love with Tokyo Ghoul. But, I do know that I'm in love with the live action film that came out for it. Yes, I'm going to keep bringing it up because, Bookies, you need to see it. Anyways, I looked up to see how many volumes were left for this series and I was kind of sad to see that I'm almost done. I only have four more after this one. I don't want to see it go. Is it too much to hope that the writer will make more? More, please? Anyways, things are just now getting interesting. Our ghoul investigators are currently looking into a case and I'm trying to figure out who this errand boy is. Is it Hide? But he knows about a lot that is going on and it just makes me want to know more about who he is. But with farther reading, I found out. Or, at least I think I did. Anyways, our leading character Kaneki is on the hunt for the doctor that made him into a ghoul and it's not going too well. Or, at least that is what is appearing while the investigators decide to investigate his life in order to find the ghoul they have been hunting for a while. Things are getting pretty intense here. I wonder how this is all going to turn out in the end. Battles break out and things get crazy. I'm loving every bit of it and then the volume ends with a cliffhanger. Which is kind of depressing. I want more but I guess I have to finish my other books before I get the next volume.

So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment