Friday, November 23, 2018

Almost done reading Crown of Midnight

Hey there Bookies,

It's been a while since I posted last. Only because this book took me a while to read. But I'm finally almost done and so far I'm not loving the series. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I'm just strongly in the middle. Maybe slightly leaning towards the hate side of the spectrum. Let me explain myself. This is the book that makes me wonder why the main character is stupid and maybe a little self centered. Yes, she admits it herself but it still doesn't fix the fact that I knew the answers to a part of the riddle before she even did. Then there is the whole thing that she hates Choal because he didn't tell her that her friend's life was threatened, making her unable to protect her friend. That whole situation was a lose-lose situation, no matter how you look at it. I'll let you guys read that to see what I mean. But I feel like her hate towards Choal is a little over the top. She doesn't even let him explain himself, she just storms out of the room telling him to "get out". Choal isn't perfect either since he nearly forgets about his feelings towards Celaena the moment he learns where she actually came from. Only to find out that he was paranoid for no reason. Way to jump to conclusions. Dorian seems to be the only likable character right now. He is mature about being turned down by Celeana and moves aside so that his friend can be happy. He is standing against his father in some situations. The only thing that annoys me about him is that he constantly complains about having magic. I get that it could end his life, but instead of suppressing it, he should at least try to practice it while he is locked away in his room. Instead of going through books trying to figure out how it is possible that he has magic. I say to just go with it. Accept it. Anyways, the book had two moments where I couldn't put down the book. Only two. One is with the witch Baba Yellowlegs and Celaena trying to escape from her. The other is when she is trying to escape this creature that wonders the halls as it's out to kill her. And both of those moments are towards the end of the book. I've been told it gets better, but I'm not seeing it. I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure if I will actually be able to finish this series if it keeps going on like this. It is slowly going down hill in my opinion. But check it out. You might love it more than me.

So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment