Saturday, November 10, 2018

Reading Crown of Midnight

Hey there Bookies,

So, I am only going to say that I like the characters to start this post off. I'm about a quarter of the way through the book and I can say that I haven't learned much that I didn't even realize that I read a quarter of the book. All I learned is that there is some humanoid creature walking around the castle, Celaena has to kill an old friend, and that is pretty much it. Beside the talking knocker, nothing exciting has happened. I'm still trying to figure out who the love interest is. Is it Choal or the crowned prince? I really hope it is Choal, I like him more. Not sure why, I just do. Anyways, I'm trying so hard to like this series, I really am. But so far I'm not loving it. Which is a disappointment because I'm reading the other series by this author called "A Court of Thorns and Roses" and that one is amazing. How can two series from the same author bring out two completely different reactions from me? I just don't get it. I'm not disliking the book because the characters are bad or the story line was poorly written. Those two things are pretty spot on, but it's just not gripping me into the story that much. The only way I can explain it is that the plot is a bit dry to me. If that makes sense. Something is just missing to me. I'm not sure what it is, but I love the characters and I love the mystery behind Celaena's past. But I feel like I need more somewhere, I just don't know where. Maybe if I read more, I can figure it out.

So until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment