Thursday, January 23, 2020

Manga Post #24

Hey there Bookies,

My next batch of mangas just came into the library and I picked them up right after work today. I'm pretty excited to live the adventures they hold. Even if the majority of them is just a review of the animes I watched late at night because I'm a proud nerd. Anyways, lets stop with the introduction and just get into talking about the books.

I felt like I missed something when I first opened up this volume. Honestly, I just can't remember what happened in the last one. I know not a whole lot other than the mission taking place. Anyways, in this volume Eren goes through trial about what is going to happen to him. I guess suddenly becoming a titan isn't a good thing when people are eaten by them on a daily basis. Eventually they all come to an agreement and Eren joins the Survey Corps like he always wanted. Sure he had to get beaten up for it, but at least he doesn't have to die. Anyways, the rest of his fellow trainees have to pick where they want to go. Pretty much everyone decided to join the survey corps as well except for a few. Eren is pretty happy about this but it is short lived as they practice for the run they will have to do later. Which they do and things appear to be running smoothly until an abnormal shows up. But then the volume ends. Have I told anyone about how much I hate cliffhangers? I know it is just so you can get the next volume, but that is such a long wait for me. But I guess it can't be helped. Check out the series if you haven't guys. I'm enjoying it so far and can't wait to get the next volume.

Am I not paying attention to these mangas when I read them? I only ask because I can't remember much about what happened in the volume before this one. And I call myself a fan. Anyways, after reading a few pages I am quickly reminded on all that is going on. Luffy and his friends stopped in a town in the good nature of helping Ms. Wednesday and Mr. 9 return to their home. They were treated like royalty and eventually pass out from all of the fun. That is when the town shows its true colors and turn out to be full of bounty hunters going after Luffy's head. But they only fight Zoro/Zolo and think that the navy got something wrong. So they eventually think that he is the real captain and not Luffy. Anyways, Luffy is still passed out in the beginning of this book and Zoro/Zolo is left to fighting on his own. Eventually everyone wakes up after a small misunderstanding. They learn a few things about Ms. Wednesday and find out she is a princess out to save her kingdom. I've already watched the anime, so this isn't anything new to me. Anyways, they escape from the enemy. Or, at least that is what they think until the enemy mysteriously shows up on their ship. She offers them a deal to give them and eternal log to help them get to Alabaster, but Luffy breaks it and say that they will get there on their own. Eventually they end up at their next location. The island is huge making Luffy and his friends go investigate the  island while they wait for their log post to log where they are so they can go to their next location. There they meet some giants and things get a little crazy. I don't exactly remember how the volume ends, but I think one of the giants was drinking the ale they gave him and it ended up blowing up. They aren't sure why, but don't have time as the giant blames them for it and starts to go after the. But I'm pretty sure we all know who did it, especially if you saw the anime first like me.

The mission to rescue Gaara is underway and sadly, they don't make it in time. Now all of the big battles begin. Yes, I watched this in the anime, but the manga is so much better. The group gets separated. Not only be they releasing of the barrier, but also by the fact that Naruto has a one track mind and decides to chase after Gaara's body when one of their enemies flies off with it. Making Kakashi to chase after him. Leaving Sakura behind with Granny Chiyo. The battles all start out pretty tense and I know for a face that the anime really drags it out and I'm curious if the manga does the same thing. Either way you are still at the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next. Even I was and I saw what happens in the anime. You also get a backstory on Granny Chiyo and her grandson. Or, at least a hint of one. I remember seeing the backstory with the anime and it is a bit of a sad one. Anyways, Sakura does get poisoned but lucky she had some antidote with her just in case. Only problem is that she has three minutes before it takes affect once again. And of course right when they are getting down to one minute left, the volume ends. That is one way to make you grab the next one because you want to know if they survive. Anyways, I really enjoyed the manga and look forward to the end of the battles in the next volume. I'm just assuming they all end in the next one, I don't know for sure. Either way I look forward to it. Check out the series if you haven't yet. You can even watch the anime or read the mangas. I enjoy this series either way.

So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment