Saturday, June 20, 2020

Almost done reading Love Bites



Hello there Bookies,

So I was reading this book and I was thinking that in the book a year had to have at least gone by by now. Turns out it has only been a few months. I'm not exactly sure how many months but I'm guess at least six or seven, depending on when the first book took place. And then the thought came to me, that it has only been less than a year and this sixteen year old thinks she found the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. I have admitted that I'm too old for this series and I can't help but do a reality check at this point. Sure love has no time limit when you have found the right person for you, but this is a seventeen year old that we are talking about. I'm pretty sure she just loves him because he is a vampire and she just wants to be one. I can pretty much predict how this ends. There are two possible way that this series will end. She gets turned into a vampire and lives happily ever after with her vampire boyfriend. Or, they break up and she ends up with her nemesis, Trevor. I was told that the person you could have hated to the core in childhood could possibly be your future spouse in adulthood. Anyways, I'm off track. The book has Alexander's  best friend visiting and the conflict in this book is that he has fallen in love with Raven's best friend. Alexander brushes it off to begin with saying that it is just a phase, but then his best friend does things that can't be ignored. Like stalking the girl he loves, and almost drinking her blood from a cut on her knee and exposing that vampires are real. About halfway through the book Alexander is not happy and is ready to send his friend away. With good reason since he almost exposed them to the world. So Raven has to fix the broken friendship because that is just the way she is. They eventually make up and things aren't quite back to normal. Not when Alexander's best friend has had a taste of Raven's best friend, making the pull to her even more stronger. But he is trying to behave and help Alexander out when a reporter comes around to interview Alexander about his paintings. Even though they tried to avoid Raven's best friend, she still managed to drag the two to the soccer game taking place while Alexander did his interview.  I also forgot to mention that throughout the book, Raven had been getting mystery texts from an unknown number. I was pretty sure it is Trevor harassing her again, but I knew that the book explains who these texts are coming from. I think she was getting them as well in the previous two books, but I can't really remember. Anyways, Raven finds out who is sending her the messages. She is a little shocked by who it was and my thought is, why didn't he tell her sooner? Instead he just acted like a creeper with texts that said "I'm watching you" or "I can see you". Anyways, I stopped reading right when Raven was setting up for a small party with her two vampire friends that she made a couple of books back. It is all to get Alexander's best friend recovered from his broken heart. I'm curious on how it is going to turn out. But if you guys want to find out about the ending because I'm not going to talk about it here. Feel free to go check out the book and the series yourself. I'm pretty sure I only have a few books left and I'm more than ready to have this series over with. I've said this so many times before, but I'm really thinking I'm too old for this series.

So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment