Monday, October 26, 2020

Started reading Flawless by Jan Moran

 

Hello fellow bookworms,

I have something to announce before I talk about the book. I started a channel on Youtube called Lys's Bookclub. I will provide the link to the channel at the end of this post. But the channel is where I read a book and then discuss it with all of you once we are done. You can either listen or follow along with your own copy of the book. At the end of each chapter posted, you are free to share your thoughts on what is going on in the comment section below. Feel free to go check it out and if you have any books you want the bookclub to read, you are free to let me know on the Youtube channel. Now on to the book.

I've only read two chapter out of the book so far and I feel like not much has happened. Our main character is a successful woman that took over her family's business at the age of Eighteen. Right away you are at an event where the main character accepts an award. The book doesn't waste time by having a reporter revealing information that our main character should have been told the moment things were starting to go bad. She shouldn't have found out about it after it all crashed and burned. Which by the way her boyfriend or soon to be husband was actually in charge of everything along with her best friend and banker. Sadly her best friend and banker is now dead. She has to keep up a strong face while mourning for her dear friend. The main character than goes for a walk outside to put her thoughts in order. There she runs into Lance, who is a chef at the venue that the event was being held in. They talk as he cooks for her, but their little conversation get interrupted by her boyfriend. Which isn't too happy to see her with another man and tried to order her to leave with him. She completely brushed him off making him leave angrily. As far as I have gotten with the book, it seems to be okay. It is too early to say if I like it or not. I will need to read more in order to make that opinion.

So until next time...


Link to the Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxkltKidhcAPoKswRzEnnKA/

No comments:

Post a Comment