Sunday, January 14, 2024

Let's Get Personal #12

 Hey there Bookies,

I'm just updating that I haven't been reading or listening to audiobooks because I am once again sick. This time I got a sinus infection and an ear infection. So I just haven't been up to reading and listening to anything kind of hurts if it is directly into my ear. I could listen to some books without headphones but they are the kinky spicy audiobooks and I don't need my family exposed to what I'm reading. 

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back into doing book review videos in the new year but right now I have no computer because my brother stole my cables for my monitors. He was kind enough to leave me his broken ones but didn't even bother to hook them up. He also unplugged my keyboard and mouse to use and didn't even bother putting those back either. So I know what I will be doing once I am able to stand noise once again. 

Other than that, I've just been recovering and working. My schedule changed a little bit at my job, so I have to get used to all of that. Especially when one of my shifts went from opening to closing. So used to getting up early on that day that it is hard to sleep in. Also I'm used to taking naps after that morning shift, so that is a habit that has to also be broken. It's a mess.

Hopefully, in a week I'll be able to update my thoughts on certain books and start back to doing book review videos. That is the plan right now. Get better, buy new cables for my computer, rehook everything, and make videos and updates. I hope it plays out the way I have planned but it seems like most of the time, my family has other plans for me. 

I just feel like my life is a mess right now, because my mom started her new job so she isn't home a whole lot anymore. My siblings are so used to mom being home that they have to bug me because I'm the oldest and they want attention all of the time. Also my gramps is experiencing health problems but he won't listen to me or the doctor because "it hasn't killed him yet" mentality. Also I'm looking into moving because I need more space than my half of the room that I share with my cousin, who is never home but all of her crap is everywhere. It's a lot. But books are my escape from reality and I can't even enjoy that because of a stupid ear infection. Wish me luck everyone.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment