Thursday, September 12, 2024

Halfway through reading Terms and Conditions

 

Hey there Bookies,

I just found myself curled up in a small ball in the corner of my couch while reading this book. Not sure how long I was like that but it shows that I enjoy reading this book. Nothing like a fake marriage trope to get me interested. We still have the formula of a rich guy who is cold hearted and a woman who came from pretty much nothing. But at least these two have known each other for three years and already know certain things about each other. The only thing I will complain about is that our leading lady Iris is scared to tell Declan about her little learning challenge. She's dyslexic and I don't know why she thinks she has to keep it a secret from everyone. Well except Cal, but he is considered her best friend. Best friends are supposed to know things like that. But we learn pretty quickly that these two have had interest in each other for a while. This whole marriage situation thing just kind of forced them together as a way to test their feelings. Sadly they both think that the other is just faking the whole situation and won't give in to their desires in fear of getting hurt. Also I have a problem with the lack of communication going on between these two. Instead of closing up or running away, I'm sure this story would progress a whole lot faster. But I guess that is the point of the writing. To keep you reading until you get to the point where you want to shout "Finally!" I'm not there yet and I need a small break that involves food.

So until next time....

-Lys 

No comments:

Post a Comment