Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Reading Long Shot


 Hello Bookies,

I really thought I was breezing through this book and then I recorded how far I was in the book. I'm not even a quarter of the way through the book. So far I have learned pretty much nothing other than our two main characters are highly attracted to each other but they just met at the wrong time in fate. Only because our leading lady is dating a rival of out leading man. Also out leading lady, Iris, comes from a really tough background of her mother using her beauty to survive. Something she doesn't want for herself and has worked hard to part of the sports world. The only thing that could stop our leading lady is the uncertainty of the future. Especially when people are pressuring her to settle down with her boyfriend and follow him where ever he goes in his basketball career. She obviously doesn't want that and she makes it very well known, but it feels like no one is understanding or listening to her wants. Then she gets pregnant. Throwing a huge wrench in her plans for the future she wanted for herself. That is pretty much where I left off. I think I know more about Iris than our leading mad, August. I'm pretty sure I'm at the point that we can just skip all of August's chapters and focus on Iris but then we would miss some stuff that might play a big part in the story. Like how August tells Iris that she shouldn't settle and never give up on her dreams. Even if she feels stuck at the moment. I can see why Iris would be attracted to August. He is the first person who actually listened and understood her. I'm just reading to see when these two finally get together.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment