Thursday, February 11, 2016

Started reading Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan

I'm buckling down on reading, only because nothing exciting is happening in the music world for the next few days. So no more distractions. Also I figured why not read three books at once. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Just so I can catch up. If I had the Ipad, it would be four books because I know everyone is wondering about At Any Price right now. Trust me I'm still reading that ebook, but I have brothers that don't like to think of others and only of their video games. The little jerks. Anyways, I'm reading Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan. I actually decided to read this book because I was too lazy to leave my room and grab one of the books that I was already reading. But I found this little gem at a thrift store in nearly perfect condition. Like the book was pretty much brand new. Also this isn't the only book I found where it held two books out of the series, the place also had the third book as well. So basically I just bought the whole breathing series for a fraction of the price. Score for me and my personal library. Anyways, I read the first book in the series way back in like 2014 and I did attempt to read the second book, but due to certain conflicts it didn't work out too well. But I'm now reading the second book. Basically its the whole aftermath of what happened in the first book. Our main character trying to adjust to a life that didn't involve abuse and is surrounded by people who care. Also another major life change is that her mother, who abandoned her with her abusive aunt, wants to make amends. Probably feels guilty for placing her in a home that nearly killed her. Anyways, I just started reading the book and its all just a refresher since I read the first few chapters. Since the first book was so intense, I wonder what the second holds. High expectations for this book. I hope it doesn't disappoint. So until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment