Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Almost done reading Royal Blood

Hello Bookies,

Let me just say this flat out, while reading this book I couldn't help but ask myself "was I really this stupid when I was this age?" I get that our main character is only sixteen, maybe seventeen, years old. She is young and has a whole life ahead of her. But the way she treats things is like it is the end of the world and she can't imagine life without her vampire boyfriend. I get that the whole theme of the series is to find someone who accepts you for the way you are and high school sweethearts can end up together. But this is my thought with this theme. Things change as you get older, there is no telling that she will love the same guy twenty years from now and she is asking him to turn her into a vampire. It feels like how Raven is written really reflects on how teenagers actually think about life and it is annoying. I hate to give a bad review on this book, much less the series, but I can't help it. It just reminds me that I was once this stupid and would have died because my boyfriend dumped me during homecoming freshmen year. Actually happened, but we worked it out and became the best of friends and that is a whole different story. Those were dark days and this series reminds me so much of them. Also the major flaw I find in Raven is the fact that she is told to wait multiple times. But does she wait? Nope. She hears that everyone has seen Alexander's parents but her. So she sneaks to the mansion to see if she can see them, only to get busted by Alexander. Then when she finds out that mansion is being sold, she begs to him to never leave her or turn her right then and there. Then she turns around and get mad because he didn't tell her to begin with, which he did try but she kept talking over him. Girl should have just shut her trap and maybe would have been told sooner about the whole situation. Then they decide to come up with a plan to keep Alexander in Dullsville, but we all know that Raven is going to F that up as well. Of course, Raven's parents are a voice of reason, but she is like the world will be over and I don't want to wake up ever again if my vampire boyfriend leaves. May I add that she has never had a boyfriend before Alexander and she is already hearing wedding bells? I do not miss being a teen. Anyways, Raven comes up with the solution to spread rumors about the mansion so that way no one would want to buy it. It also works too well in this case and her mother almost bans her from going to the mansion all together. Anyways, the plan seems to be working fine and Alexander's parents are starting to think they are making a big mistake. Then the next day, Trevor who is Raven's "nemesis" breaks the news to her that his father was going to buy the mansion. Only to tear it down and build something else there, like a strip mall. Raven tells him that can't happen and he just speeds off after saying that he can't doe what is planned, but his father can. This is pretty much where I left off in the book. Raven still trying to solve the problem to save the only place she sees as home and that holds the only hope of her boyfriend staying. I still have few pages to read and then I'm finished with the book. If you guys want to know what happens to the mansion feel free to read the book yourselves. I might take a break reading this series just so I can get over the stupidity of my teenage years of being equally dumb. Either way, I still enjoy the series and a little sad that I'm almost done with it. Just two more books to go.

So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment