Saturday, December 17, 2022

DNF - Poet X

 

Hey there Bookies,

I've been debating this for a while. Should I request this book from the library again and try to finish it? Or, do I add it to the DNF list? Judging by the title, I decided to not finish it. I was enjoying the book and the story it was telling through the poems. But once I got halfway, that was where it lost me. Things started to slow way down to the point I felt like nothing was happening in the book. I'm sure it would pick up more if I continued to read, but I just don't have the desire or the motivation to finish the book. So I decided to add this book to the DNF list. This book just wasn't for me and since I didn't finish it, it gets a low star rating. But I feel like it is fair to the author if I was honest instead of forcing myself to finish the book. If I forced it, I'll probably end up hating it in the end.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment