Monday, December 12, 2022

Halfway through Daisy Jones and The Six

 

Hello there Bookies,

I could have sworn I made a post on this book but I guess I didn't. I must have started reading it and not bothered to let anyone know. To be honest, I just read a little bit of this book before bed when I can't sleep. Anyways, the book is okay so far. We got two groups of artists just trying to make it in the music world. I like to see a book talk about the industry like how it really is. Also I can see the flaws in this book. I have a background in the music industry, not as an artist, but I still saw how hard they work for their jobs. So in a way I can relate to this book. Talking about the long hours it takes to make music and then tour on the road. Sure this book takes place in the 70s but I can still relate. Now I'm going to share a very unpopular opinion here and a lot of people are probably going to hate me about it. Blame my background for it, but I can't see the hype about this book. Its okay and it is an interesting read. I don't hate it because I'm still reading it. But I also don't like it. It's in the two star area for me so far. Nothing fantastic has happened that made me think that this is a really good book. I'm taking my time trying to absorb it and see it for what it really is. But I don't see how everyone likes this book. Like I said before, you can blame my background in the music industry. My knee injury may have taken me out of the business but I still have passion for it. I'm sure things were different in the 70s but it still has that whole unrealistic feel to it. I know the book is fiction and everything in it is made up, but that isn't what I mean when I say unrealistic. I'm sure when people read this, they think it was so easy for these people to reach stardom so quickly. And I think that is what makes it feel unrealistic. It's like they get this one good song and they are on the high road to stardom. I wasn't really paying attention to how long it took between scenes but to me it felt too quick. I've seen groups spend twenty years to finally make a name for themselves. Twenty years of having some good albums that built them a good fanbase but not enough to be doing arenas. And again, I know this book is made up and the writer can do whatever they want. And it could have been completely different in the 70s. I wasn't there during that time. I don't even think my mother was old enough to have me yet during that time. But being halfway through the book, I just don't see it. I don't see why everyone I've watched on Youtube and TikTok love this book. It kind of makes me feel like I'm missing something here.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment