Saturday, December 24, 2022

Halfway through Heart of the Sun Warrior

 

Hey there Bookies,

First I want to wish you all a Happy Holidays. I know you are all busy with your families and friends. But we can't forget about the fictional characters that are like family to us. And, I think I'm growing to attach myself to the characters in this duology.

To be honest, I don't know what to say about this book without ruining it. So much has happened so far. We start the book off with Xingyin living on the moon with her mother and attendant. Its peaceful, nothing much is going on. Xingyin is able to recover from her injuries in the last book. Life is just good. Until some visitors come. They all seem harmless but there is one that is a little different. Xingyin finds out a powerful secret on the moon and this secret pretty much snowballs out of control. The emperor gets offended because Xingyin's mother forgets about her duties during his birthday because she had received a letter about the mortal realm.  Xingyin finds her mother and tells her to return home but while there she makes a discovery. A discovery that could mend her mother's mourning heart. But first Xingyin has to go through some things, such as helping someone steal an elixir from the emperor and being forced to run away from her home as it's being destroyed. There is also a part where she has to make a deal with the empress to save Liwei from imprisonment because he is associated with Xingyin and is being punished for that reason. But I can't tell you anymore. Not right now though. But I can tell you that this book has almost made me tear up twice so far. The first time it wasn't too bad but the second time, I felt the sting of tears building up. This girl's world is shattering beneath her and she doesn't know why. Why is her family the main target for all of this hatred? I'm hoping there will be answers soon because this girl has been through enough.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment