Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Halfway through The House at the End of the World

 

Hello there Bookies,

This book is taking me a while to read. I've been reading on my own and listening to the audiobook but it still feels like it is taking forever. Sadly the book is only a fourteen day loan from the library, so I'll have to return it. We still have the mysteries of what is going on Ringrock but we have learned a few things about our main character. She was a happily married woman with two kids but thanks to a group of young men that are used to getting away with the law decided to shoot down an ice cream shop where her parents and children were getting ice cream. Killing them. Then in the process of getting evidence and trying to find justice, Katie lost her husband to the same people in a hit and run because he was going to expose the crooked ways of the law. So in a matter of a few weeks, if not a few months, she lost everything. Now what is going on Ringrock is still a mystery. We now have a name to the project they were working on but we still don't know what it is. We kind of know what it is but not a hundred percent. Luckily the book introduces another main character who is the daughter of a couple that worked at Ringrock. I'm sure she is going to meet up with our other main character at one point and she will probably explain everything. But I will have to listen to the audiobook to find out since I still have that to finish the book. I am at the point that the book doesn't excite me but I still want to know how they will get out of this mess. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment