Monday, April 17, 2023

Reading Verity by Colleen Hoover

 

Hello there Bookies,

I got this book while at work because I now work at my local library. Dangerous job for a bookworm like me. Anyways, I'm a big fan of Colleen Hoover. I love the deeper meaning that all of her books have and I don't believe the way she is advertised as a romance writer is right. But we aren't going to focus on that rant. I'll probably do a deep analysis of her books as a video down the road. Right now I want to talk about this book. I'm about halfway now because I read it before bed, which is probably a mistake because it's keeping me up at night. The book follows an unknown writer named Lowen. Lowen is having a bit of a rough streak because her books are doing well in sales when an offer comes up. She is to finish a series for another author named Verity, who was in an accident and can't finish the series. Of course this book wouldn't keep me up at night wanting to know more if there wasn't some drama. Lowen goes to stay at Verity's home in order to research her series so she can complete it. But strange things are going on in the house the longer she stays. Also finding an autobiography that Verity started reveals that the author is more than what meets the eyes. Now I'm just reading to see if I am correct about Verity and that she is faking this whole catatonic state in order to get attention from her husband that she seems to be obsessed with. Like I said, I'm about halfway and I'm already hooked.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment