Saturday, April 1, 2023

Started reading The House at the End of the World by Dean Koontz


 Hey Bookies,

I pulled out this book right away because I can only have it for 14 days. The best I can do is also look up an audiobook for it so I can play games while I listen to it. I've only read a few chapters and not much is happening. You just have the mystery of the main character who bought this island because she is running from something or escaping something. You don't really know much about her past but I'm sure more will be revealed the more I read the book. She also keeps mentioning keeping a promise and we don't know what this promise is. But the biggest mystery in this book so far is this other island that everyone calls Ringrock. No one knows what is going on on the island. Some say it is military while others say it is a prison of some sort. But weird stuff starts going on. People on boats throwing some type of bombs into the water and scanning the sea bed. Also drones are sent out to scan the area and it just makes the main character a little uneasy. It would make me get uneasy too if an island that had no activity for all the time I lived by it suddenly have activity. Even though the book is a little slow, I still listen to see what the answers are to all of those mysteries taking place.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment