Friday, March 8, 2024

Been reading The Teacher by Frida McFadden

 

Hello Bookies,

I took a break from other books because I got my hands on a book published in 2024 for the reading challenge. Downside to that is that I only have two weeks to finish the book. So far I find the book very interesting. The prologue even pulled me in right away. Nothing like a book starting with someone digging a grave to hide a body. We don't know who is digging the grave and who died. Now I have to read the book to see what caused the scene at the very beginning. I can't wait to see what else I learn in this book. We so far have a teacher who seems strict and also jealous of the attention her husband gets from other people. Also here husband probably gives more attention to people than his own wife. Then we have a student that was part of a student-teacher affair. Of course, the student says nothing happened between them but no one believes her. So now she is outcasted because of the rumors going around even though she is still sticking to her story that nothing happened. Proof that people will believe what they want to believe, even when the truth is placed right in front of their nose. But I guess I will have to read the book and hopefully find out what really happened between the teacher and the student. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment