Friday, March 22, 2024

Reading update

 Hello Bookies,

I figured that this would be easier than making a separate post for each book I am reading. I'm determined to finish this reading challenge, but it doesn't look likely when I took breaks from reading. My mind can only absorb so much. Also I was reading a book that was taking so long to read. And I thought Stephen King's Fairytale was a monster of a book. 


Children of Blood and Bone is an interesting book, but it takes so long. I've read only a third of the book and it took me almost five hours to get that far. I've been listening to the audiobook in hopes that it will go faster but that didn't work. I ended up returning it because I was starting to get bored with the book. The book had an interesting concept, but it felt like it was just repeating some things. You can say that this book was DNF. I do plan on going back to it, but I needed a break from it. So I will not be rating this book or saying that I finished it until I get a little further in the book. But right now I need a break from all the information in this book to the point it doesn't feel like everything is just being repeated.


The Teacher is a book that I've been trying to read because I'm so hooked, but I have a family that won't leave me alone when I have a book in my hand. This book has so many twists and turns going on. Also there is a student-teacher affair that does take place. Now I'm just curious if this is all in the head of the student, wouldn't that be a huge plot twists? That all that is happening in the book between the student and the teacher wasn't real. That she made it up because she has some undiagnosed mental disability. But it won't explain the prologue of the book. Well, maybe it does in a way. I can't wait to read more in the book and find out what is going on. 


The Atlas Six is a book I grabbed for the reading challenge but I didn't make note on where the book actually lies on the bingo sheet. Now that I started it, I will now have to finish it. This book is pretty quick when you have the audiobook. I'm already a quarter of the way and our students have already experienced an attack on their first night of their studies. This also shows that they have to work together in order to accomplish certain things. This book focuses around the Library of Alexandria that was secretly moved before the fire. It has this secret society the protects it that is made of people that can wield magic. Obviously this book is a fantasy, but it is nice to live in a world where everything in the Library of Alexandria wasn't completely lost to a fire. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment