Sunday, August 27, 2023

Started listening to Looking for Alaska by John Green


 Hello there Bookies,

I have to be honest here, I'm not feeling this book. I know I just started but fifty pages in and I'm not feeling it. I think knowing the fact that this is a popular book might be ruining the experience. We have our main character who's nick name is Pudge. He is from Florida and recently transferred to a boarding school that his father once attended. He is hoping that this transfer will lead him to a life of greatness, but sadly the school isn't what he imagined it to be. But he does make friends pretty quickly which is an upgrade from his past school life where his mother thought he was so popular that she threw a going away party where only two people showed up. Pudge even meets the infamous Alaska and he is immediately smitten by her. Only problem is that she already has a boyfriend and shows no interest in him. That is about as much as I gathered from the first fifty pages of this book. The book is also not in chapters really, so it is hard to keep track of where I left off if I fall asleep listening to the book late at night. I'm still giving this book a chance to improve, but so far it isn't looking too good. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment