Sunday, August 27, 2023

Started reading The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea by Axie Oh

 

Hello Bookies,

This is a book I started reading to my mom. Weird, I know. But she likes to pretend that she is listening. Already we are getting Bride of the Water God drama vibes from this book and we are only two chapters in. I'm trying to understand what country this book takes place, but I can't figure it out. The author doesn't really explain the location all that much. I think that is because the main focus of the book is to be taken place in the spirit realm and the author didn't think that the mortal realm location was that important. Our main character Mina sacrifices herself to become the bride of the Sea God to help her brother's love out. She wants her brother to have his wish of having the love of his life. I left off with Mina being in the spirit realm and it is foggy along with looking abandoned. All she has to lead her through this maze of an empty city is a ribbon of fate leading her to the Sea God. I am interested on how this book is going to go. I can't wait to have another reading session with my mom to figure out why the Sea God is asleep.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment