Friday, October 20, 2017

Reading Catching Fire

Hello Bookies,

I'm here writing while I'm on vacation and I've learned that you don't actually read much while traveling. Also, it is kind of hard when visiting with family because all they want to do is talk to you. It's kind of funny. Anyways, I was able to get about a third of the way through the book and not a whole lot has happened. I feel like these books go so much slower than the movies. But that is why it is always a bad idea to watch the movie before the book. Anyways I know the books are good, but I'm still not a fan of them. I just don't like books that focus on all of the details, but I can see why it is needed in most cases. Sometimes it's just not necessary. Anyways, from what I can remember from all that I read, Katniss is home and adjusting to everyday life as a victor. Snow threatens her right before she heads off on her Victory Tour. Katniss learns about the uprising in District 8 at the end of the tour while having a meal at the mayor's house in District 12. Katniss gets in a fight in the woods with Gale because she wants Peeta to runaway with them. Gale gets whipped because he went to trade in the turkey he shot. Katniss tries to stop it but almost gets punished in the process until Haymitch says something. Katniss thinks she loves Gale, but then she feels guilty for hurting Peeta. Then she is back to Gale. Typical sixteen-year-old stuff who shouldn't know much about love. She meets people who are running away to District 13. And I finished off with Katniss trying to figure out what to do since the fence is on. She even almost walks into it because she was so lost in her thoughts. That was probably the only interesting part in the story so far. I really hate to give books bad reviews. I'm just going to tell myself that this isn't a bad post. It's more like me trying to figure out if I like it or not.

So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment