Sunday, January 22, 2023

Almost done reading Uprooted

 

Hey there Bookies,

It's been a while since I updated you on this book. But that is because it is so long. The reading for it has gotten faster the moment I got the audiobook to listen to while I follow along. Now I don't know what my thoughts are on this book but I'm going to try to sort them out as we go. I still don't remember how this ended up on my long list of books to read, but I found it on the list while I was reorganizing. So this is a book I wanted to read and I can't remember why. Now I would love to give you a summary of the book but there is a slight problem. I don't remember most of the book I read. I remember bits and pieces but not enough to give the book justice. As I was reading along with the audiobook, I was realizing that this book had a lot of information. Maybe too much information. Like if you got rid of some of the details, you wouldn't lose any of the plot and the book wouldn't be as long. But due to the fact that there was so much information to take it the book kind of became forgettable in my opinion. Its not a bad book. I don't hate it. But I think I'm just turned off with how some parts are very descriptive when they don't need to be. Also the book has a slow start with some action to keep the reader going. But the big action doesn't happen until you get about two thirds of the way through the book. So if you can survive the slow burn until then, this might be a book for you. But I'm an impatient person and if I didn't switch to the audiobook, I probably would have never finished this book. Now I had to sit and debate what to give this book. I was thinking about giving it three stars but I didn't like the book. But I also didn't hate it. And, two stars seemed unfair to the hard work the author put into this monstrous book. To me the book is just okay and maybe a little forgettable.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment