Monday, January 2, 2023

Reading Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi


 Hello there Bookies,

We are starting this year strong with another book. This is a historical graphic novel. I think if we were allowed to have these in history class instead of thick dry textbooks, I would have done better. I feel like I learn so much more about history and different cultures by reading historical graphic novels. The last one I read was the Maus series and I devoured that. I found it so fascinating and I'm finding this one just as fascinating. I'm probably not going to be able to give this a good rating just because it is so short, but I do love the concept. This graphic novel takes place is Islam or Israel and it is telling the political struggles it went through in the 1970s and 1980s. The author did a good job explaining how it affected her in a not so forward way. Because politics affects everyone, even children. I can't wait to read more of this and learn even more about a culture I know nothing about.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment