Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Finished reading Persepolis

 



Hello Bookies,

I finished my first book of the year. This book took me a little long that I expected. It probably is due to all the breaks I had to take while reading this. Reading about someone's experience during a war is a little heavy. But I was glad to have learned about some of the struggles that the character/author had to face while growing up during such a tough time. The book ends with author leaving home to live safely in a different country. I would like to know if they were ever reunited with their family or did they suffer more in the war. How this ended made me want to know more. I should see if there is a second book to this or not. I just found it to be so interesting and I learned so much that we never learn in schools. But sadly the book only got three stars because even though I enjoyed it, there were still some things that I didn't like. I didn't like the end, which I mentioned before. I wanted to know more about our main character and to see what her life was like in a country away from her home. Did she reunite with her family? Or, did she get terrible news about them? I need answers. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment