Friday, January 27, 2023

Reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

 

Hello fellow Bookies,

Well, I'm just casually reading along with an audiobook while I prepare for my first 48 hour reading challenge. While I wait for the challenge to start, I grabbed one of the few books off my shelf that had an audiobook available at the library. Gone Girl was the first one I found and I'm now reading it. I know this book was turned into a movie, but I probably won't watch it. Depends if I like the book or not. Lately I've been a pretty hard critic when it comes to books. Anyways, I started the book a few days ago and I'm honestly that far. I'm only about ten percent of the way through the book. But I do have to say that I see red flags immediately in this married couple's life. We have one spouse making decisions on things without hearing out what the other spouse has to say. And, if they do, they completely ignore it and do what they want in the first place. That is just one example. Anyway, I have to say that the book is a little slow right now. It's not pulling me into the mystery that is taking place. I've heard people talk about this book or mention it, so it made a big enough impression to get people talking. Or, maybe they are just talking about the movie. I guess I will never know unless I force myself to read more. So far this book is looking at about a one or two stars.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment