Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Reading Desperate Measures by Katee Robert

 

Hey there Bookies,

I have to read this book right away and quick because the library is only going to let me have it for about a week. This book is the first in the Wicked Villains series. Now how I would describe this book is if Disney took place in city just like Gotham. Crime runs the city and everyone does what they can to survive. That is the setting I picture. Jasmine is our leading lady here and she is well kept in the mansion that belongs to her father. Now, her father isn't a good guy. He some big criminal lord and Jasmine is seen as a princess because she is his daughter. Jafar is one of Jasmine's father's men slash bodyguard. Something like that. And, Ali is just the guy that Jasmine is sold to in order to make her father more powerful. Sadly we don't get to see much of Jasmine's father since Jafar pretty much overthrows him and takes Jasmine to his home a little against her will. She says she is against it but her actions are speaking very louder than words. This book is very spicy and I know it is supposed to be. But the spice that is taking place is a kink that might make some people uncomfortable reading about. I'm talking about the consensual non-consent kink. The author is nice enough to even warn you before you read in case you decide that it is not your thing. I'm about halfway through the book and I have learned nothing other than Jasmine has the serious hots for Jafar. Jasmine also doesn't like the fact that she is constantly trapped and being used for her body, but also she loves the idea as long as Jafar is concerned. It's like, Girl, make up your damn mind. She is all "I want my freedom at any cost" then switches gears and be like "But I have no choice but to stay because I have nothing left. I'm trapped forever." I feel like Jasmine is resourceful enough to make her way out in the real world. Outside her father's walls. But I don't think I'm going to get that. I guess I will find out more about the book the more I read. It's interesting, I give it that. 

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment