Thursday, November 9, 2023

Finished reading King's Cage

 

Hello Bookies,

I actually finished this book about a week ago but I just didn't have the motivation to write a post. Sorry about that. Anyways, the book defiantly felt like a filler. At least until the very end where the Scarlet Guard tried to keep control of one of the cities they were able to take over. Sadly I don't remember how it ended. I might have fallen asleep at that time because I was listening to the audiobook before bed. I'm sure the last book will explain a little bit of what I missed. Right? Anyway with the book being a filler, it only got two stars from me. The last battle at the end of the book couldn't help it. Yes, there is another big battle in about the middle when Mare escapes her prison but that is about it. Also I'm still kind of being salty about the "strong" main female character set to change the world trope. I would like to have an actual strong female character that grows throughout the books. So far, I don't see any difference to Mare since the beginning. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment