Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Started reading Home Before Dark by Riley Sager

 

Hello Bookies,

Nothing like starting another book at work because you forget the one audiobook you were working on. But I'm growing to be a big Riley Sager fan. Their writing style just pulls me in right away. Even though this is only my second book I've read by the author, but I do like the alternating timelines between present and past. The past tells the story through the father's eyes about what happened at this one house they had bought. The present is told through the daughter's point of view who doesn't believe anything her father has written in his book. But the twist is that she actually doesn't remember anything that has happened in the house. Only the things the book has told her had happened. So after inheriting the house, she begins her own investigation to figure out what really happened. From what I gathered so far in this book, we are to figure out what was real in the book and what was not. Also we have this seed planted in our mind right away that the daughter's parents don't want her to go back to the house ever. She even is made to promise that she would never go there and of course she breaks the promise. Things are already getting a little weird but I'm ready to figure out the mystery behind this house. 

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment