Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Almost done reading Poisoned

 

Hello Bookies,

This will be the last post for this book. I can't tell you what is going on because not much happens. The same old same old is going on. Sophie is trying to get her heart back while her stepmother is trying to kill her. The latest is with an enchanted scorpion but a pack of wolves save Sophie because in the very beginning, Sophie saved a wolf from a hunt. Even though people see her kindness as a weakness, it is probably her biggest strength. Now if only the girl was aware of it. That is the only thing I have against this book. The main character isn't really growing. She keeps making the same mistakes because her kindness is making her too trusting of those around her. She needs to learn that there is a balance between the two. I'm sure once I finish the book she will finally grow, but I'm kind of sick and tired of books where they don't have the main character grow until the very end when it doesn't matter. I feel like the author tried to save the story by doing that but by then it is too late. You've already judged the book. This book gets maybe a two out of five stars from me. I liked the idea but the execution could have been better.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment