Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Reading Poisoned

 

Hello there Bookies,

I've finally been listening to my audiobook of this book. I'm about halfway now and it is a retelling of Snow White. Our main character is Sophie and she is our Snow White. According to the people around her, she is too kind hearted and weak to rule. Her stepmother, the queen, doesn't even want to give Sophie her birthright. Instead the queen falls into the trap by the Pale Man and orders the death of Sophie. But luckily Sophie survives the attack on her life. Even though she doesn't have her heart anymore, seven forest men end up saving her. One of them ends up making her a heart out of clock parts but it only gives her limited time. Now Sophie must try to survive while trying to figure out how to get her heart back. Also when the queen learns that Sophie is still alive, she is determined to end her. Even turning Sophie's beloved against her. As much as I enjoy the concept of the book, it just doesn't grab me in. I'm hoping that it will improve the farther I go in the book. Right now it is just dragging on.

So until now....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment