Friday, November 13, 2015

Almost there and contests?

Believe it or not, I'm almost caught up with writing. I say it will probably take me two or three more days until I'm at the desirable amount. Which means I can go back to reading soon. That makes me so happy. I miss my books. Anyways, I forgot to mention that I'm going to be at the edge of my seat for the next few days. I entered Donny into a contest. Like its a legit contest and its the first time I ever did something like that. Sure there were contests where the prize is bragging rights and what not. This time around there is a pretty cool price and I'm all for winning a chance to get a literary agent. It would make my life so much easier at getting published. Anyways, but I have to wait until my grandmother's birthday in order to find out if I became a finalist. Then the real work begins where people vote for their favorite story. Down side, there is only 500 words that they are going to read and judge. And, only five people get chosen to be a finalist out out thousands, maybe even millions of entries. It makes me nervous just thinking about it. I'm pretty confident in Donny, but there are people who are probably way more talented then I am that will make the cut. Either way I'm nervous and just anxiously waiting for the list to come out. Like I'm so ready to get this over with that I check once a day to see if they put it up early. Its like ripping a band-aid off right now, but we are doing it as slow as possible. Fingers crossed that these next few days go by fast. So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment