Thursday, August 24, 2017

Manga Post #4

That is right Bookies, another manga post.

Sadly there is one series I will have to say goodbye to. Oddly enough, I'm not that sad to see it go. Only because I'm a heartless person with no soul. I'm sorry but the series made me feel nothing and I was just annoyed with it. I'm sure you know which series I'm talking about.

The last volume of A Silent voice, unless there is more to the series that I don't know about, and I was curious on how this one was going to play out. It took us a while to get here and we all know my personal feelings towards this series. I'm probably one of the few people that didn't actually like this series and the majority of you are going to hate me for it. The last book didn't help much making me fall in love with the series either. But don't let my bad review hold you guys back from reading the series. For all, I know you guys might actually really like it. It's just not my cup of tea I guess. Anyways, the volume pretty much resolves everything. Our main guy decides to live on with out whining and blocking people out of his life. Which is probably the more grown up thing to do. Other characters realize that they didn't grow up much since they were kids and decided to use that to become a better person. Anyways, their movie is complete but they didn't win because the director guy is a major jerk. I'm surprised no one stuck it to him and put him in his place. I think I would have liked the series better if the characters weren't such push overs, but I'm not the writer and they wanted the characters like that to make a point. The series has an obvious message to it, but I still didn't like it. Oh well, off to the next manga.

The big fight between Rock Lee and Gara has begun. I remember watching it in the anime, so it is interesting to read it out instead. The battle wasn't as detailed as it was in the anime but that is only because they try to fill in the blanks to make the episode longer. But so far the anime has followed pretty nicely with the manga and I would have to give a thumbs up for that. I feel like I don't have much to say towards the volume this time around because I'm still following what I had already watched. So, it feels like it is all just a review to me. But at least the refresher reminded me on how Choji lost against the sound ninja. It was a pretty quick fight and I figured the sound ninja won. But now with a month of them to rest and train, Naruto tries to find someone to help him. Sadly, the person chosen to help him train really likes to talk. I swear I just went through four pages of the instructor describing the use of stamina. I am like Naruto in the sense that it just goes over my head and I don't really pay attention to what I read. It makes me realize that even though I like the Uchihas, I'm most like Naruto. But that is if we are talking about which character I relate to more. Anyways, it's off to the next volume and maybe something that isn't a review to me. But I'm pretty sure I have watched all of the episodes regarding Naruto's training with Guy. I guess I will find out when I read the next volume.

Only two more volumes after this one. It kind of makes me sad, to be honest. I really enjoy this series. All of the characters are so lovable. Anyways, this volume picks up where the last one left off. If you guys don't know how the last volume ended, an old traveler was telling Nana and Cooro about how he knew Senri. So the end of the volume was the start of the flashback. In this volume, we start still in the flashback. The guy is explaining the time he saw Senri go mad. Then he goes into telling how their group had lost Senri. After the flashback, we are back in present time and the crew is still on their way to save Husky, who has oddly enough dressed himself as a mermaid again. He must have been facing someone from his past that he didn't want them to recognize him. Anyways, we get to learn a little bit more about Husky. Turns out he is a very important person. Or, somewhat important. Anyways, things get more intense towards the end of the book and we find out what happened to Husky to make him an +anima. Well, sort of. I enjoyed the volume greatly. The only thing I hated was how it ended. Talk about major cliff hanger. The next volume for this series better show up at the library quick because I can't wait to get my hands on the next one. I must know what happens next. It's almost like a need at this point.

So until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment