Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Manga post #16

Hey there Bookies,

I finally have all of the manga books I want to read in my hands all at once. It's the three we have been working on for the past few posts, so I don't think I need to waste anyone's time by describing the series.

The mission to save Sasuke is still underway. Choji has beaten his opponent but we aren't sure if he survived or not. The volume focuses more on Neji's battle with an enemy that really reminds me of a spider. The battle is tough, and Neji has a few close calls but he ends up winning in the end. Sadly he is so beat up that he just might die in the end. I hope not and I'm pretty sure that he won't. Only because I do believe he dies later on in the series. People just had to ruin it for me. Anyways, these mangas are pretty good quick reads and I just breeze right through them. I hate to say it but they are far more entertaining that the actually anime series. But probably because I can just play the show in my head any way I want. But I can't help but feel that I'm coming to the end of the series. I know there is so much more coming up, but I might be slowly moving into the next stage when they are a little bit older and still looking for Sasuke. I guess the only way to find out is to keep reading.


I got lucky and was able to get three One Piece volumes in one. Kind of convenient when I'm trying to do catch up with this series. I stopped watching the anime just so I could catch up with the manga series and compare. Anyways, the battle against Captain Kuro and his crew has begun. Usopp is going to try everything he can to protect his village. It's all pretty much just review for me right now and it gets a little boring. We all know that the battle is pretty intense. Zoro/Zolo gets his swords taken away by two brothers, but he overcomes the challenge and wins. If I remember correctly. Luffy goes against Captain Kuro and that battle is pretty good. But we finally get to meet Sanji, the next member to join the crew. He is also probably my third favorite character after Zoro/Zolo and Luffy. I do love this series and I love all the recaps I'm getting by reading the manga. Pretty soon, I will be reading the new stuff and finally will be able to compare the two.


First I have to say that I just love the cover of this volume. I'm not sure why, but I find it beautiful. Also I'm a bit sad that I only have two more volumes to read after this one before the whole series comes to an end. Unless there are other volumes that I don't know about. If so, point me in the right direction. Also I don't really remember what happened in the last volume because it took me so long to get this one. It's not easy keeping books straight when you are reading so many. Anyways, Hinami is feeling like she should be helping Kaneki with whatever is on his mind, but everyone is telling her that she can't. Other than being there for him. The Gourmet is still after Kaneki, even if he is playing friendly. Honestly, I don't think he takes any sides other than his own. While they are trying to figure that out the CCG are trying to figure out things of their own. Like that fact that the company might not actually be built to do what the investigators thought it was for. Also some questions get answered. Like who the one eyed ghoul is or at least a little bit about it's background. There really isn't a whole lot I can tell you due to the fact that it would just ruin the series. I suggest you go check out the series if you have not yet. I can say that so far, I'm not too disappointed.

So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment