Sunday, June 25, 2023

Finally finished reading Once Upon a River

 

Hello Bookies,

Well, I finally finished the book. We really don't get a full answer on who the little girl is. But other secrets get revealed. I wish I could tell you what I read on the book but I feel like it would ruin the ending. I guess I could tell you what I thought about the book. I enjoyed it but I didn't love it. Honestly, it felt like it was too slow and descriptive. It feels like the author focused more on the setting and building a mystery than focusing on the plot of the story. In my opinion, the book could be a little bit shorter if we got rid of some of the words that I felt like weren't needed. But I guess we can just say that I'm pretty picky when it comes to my reading. The book got three out of five stars on Goodreads from me. It's an interesting tale but it is a bit long. It's a book not for me but maybe for those that don't mind the different point of views and how all of the character's stories somehow tend to wind together in a way. Which I did find that interesting. But if you don't mind slow books that have a bit of mystery to it, this might be the book for you.

So until next time...

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment