Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Still reading Once Upon a River

 

Hello Bookies,

It is hard listening to this book. I have to relisten to chapters because I end up falling asleep listening to them. It also probably doesn't help that I'm listening to this before bed. The story is focused on this mysterious little girl. Who is she? Where did she come from? Who's daughter is she? The storyline is interesting. I just make the mistake of listening to it after a long day of work and other household activities. I'm about two thirds of the way through the book and we still haven't solved the mystery of the little girl. To be honest, I'm pretty sure that is the only reason I'm still listening to the book. I want to know the mystery of this little girl. The girl who was dead but came back to life is what the books says. For a while the little girl was being taken care of a family that had lost their little girl two year ago in the book. They believe the little girl is their missing daughter. But I had just got done with a part where they went to a fair and another person had claimed the little girl to be their daughter, taking her away from the family that had been taking care of her. The family is now in shock over the situation because it was so sudden and should have been traumatic for the child. But the child shows no reaction to anything really. There is something strange about this little girl and I plan to listen to the book more in hopes that I find out what it is.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment