Sunday, June 18, 2023

Started reading The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill

 

Hello Bookies,

I started a new audiobook. I've actually had this one for a while but I was waiting for the physical copy to come in. I keep the physical copy around so I don't forget that I have an audiobook of the book. Since I just started the book I don't know much about the book. As far as I have is there the book is focused around a village that believes in an evil witch that lives in the forest. In order for her to leave them alone, they sacrifice a child by leaving them in the forest. The leaders of the village know that this is actually a lie but it is to keep the people in the village dependent on their rule. There is a witch though but she isn't evil. She actually takes the abandoned children to a different village and gives them to a new family that will raise them happily. But with the latest child, she develops a connection with them and decides to keep them. That is where I left off for now. I'm interested with how this story is going to play out. The best way to find out is to read more.

So until next time....

-Lys

No comments:

Post a Comment